Thursday, January 20, 2011

REVIEW- Power 90 Sculpt Circuit 1&2



POWER 90 Sculpt Circuit 1& 2.
Okay I promised a synopsis on Power 90 , Sculpt Circuit 1& 2.
This is the first Power 90 workout, I started this Video in Nov 2009, at about 40 pounds heavier than I am today and I just about died!

I loved this program!!

I  did this program for about 30 days ( along with Cardio 1&2) and then moved on to Sculpt 3&4.
Power 90 is a 90 day program, 6 days a week, rest on Sunday.
To Summarize:
In the Video are Tony Horton , Shawn and the lovely Lisa, more on her later.





This Video is 29 minutes . He starts with a few minutes of stretching, this is very important for any and all exercise.
Then they go into the following  routines:
You can use dumbbells or resistance bands.
Just as a reference I started with15 pound dumb bells, obviously most girls will use less.
 Do what is comfortable for you.
Tony Horton always tells you 8-10 reps for size (men), 10-15 reps for definition( women).








ROUTINES:
  • Pushups
  • Heavy Pants
  • Military press
  • Biceps curls
  • Back scratches
  • Lunge/ squats ( 4 times)
Stretch Break

  • Fly Pushups
  • Back Flys
  • Swimmer Press
  • Open arm curls
  • Kick backs
  • Lunge/Squats
Stretch Break

  • 7-7-7 Pushups ( Ouch)
  • Lawnmowers
  • Shoulder flys (use a light weight)
  • Biceps curls (7-7-7) 21 total - (Ouch)
  • Dips ( use a chair)
  • 3 parts squats and you are done!!
Final Stretch for about a minute( should be longer)

This workout is usually done on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Cardio 1&2 and Ab 100 are usually done Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays,
This review is next .

For Best results, workout in the morning, follow the diet plan, take your supplements and join an
on-line thread on Team Beachbody.com. Look under categories/Power 90 / starting ...? and you can usually find a group that is starting the same time as you. This is helpful in support, teamwork and advice from people working out at the same time as you on the same program.
You can reach me at Xmikew@verizon.net if you have any questions on friend me on Team Beachbody
my screen name there is XMIKEW, you can contact me there on the BB mail system.

Good luck

X Mike

1 comments:

Nice review of Power 90. I love it. I started using it to help me get in shape years ago. I was about 50-60 pounds heavier then & like you, it just about killed me. I am using it now to get my fitness back after getting very ill. It is working very well for me. My strength is improving weekly. I highly recommend it for anyone just starting out in their workout.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites