Thursday, January 27, 2011

Zen of Fitness/ Tony Horton Video

 by Michael Kendrick

"Zen of Fitness"- Finding reasons why you want to be healthy and fit so you can stay that way forever.


To all,

     I hope everyone is having a great Monday. It was a long weekend at work and I am glad to finally be back at home.

     As a Beachbody Coach, there are several different things that I have access to that other's don't. A few days ago I was scrolling around the coach's office and found several different videos. Of course the one that caught my attention was "Tony Horton". His video was called "Zen of Fitness".

     As I watched the video, I began to take notes and thought I would pass those along to you.

     I realize that we are all under some kind of stress. Each of us have different things that stress us out. The key to this is how we go about handling that stress each day. I, for example, work 2 full time jobs. So it is really hard for me to find something that releases stress for me since I am hardly ever home. I woke up one day and decided it was time to change my health, because as much as I didn't want to admit it I was fat and out of shape and just not happy with myself. I had tried P90X in the past but never followed through with it. After going to a couple of house fires and having the older guys show me up when it came to job performance, I knew I had to change. I was completely exhausted before the job was even started.

     One of the things Tony talks about in the video is one of the reasons get into Fitness, is for a stress relief. I can definitely agree with that. I am now 5 months into the Beachbody programs. I never woulda thought that I could have last 5 weeks, not to mention 5 months. It is amazing how much better you will feel by just changing your diet and excercising.

     When I started p90x, the first time, my reasons for starting weren't the right ones. The main reason I started P90X in March of 2009 is to look good while on the cruise for my honeymoon. Yeah, that is all well and good, but the real reason I should have been working out was for my overall health and fitness. Since I have started this program for my health and fitness I have stuck with it like I am supposed to. It was no longer just to look good for others (who care's what other's think about us), but to feel better and so I can perform better with my job. It's kinda like going to Church. If you are going to Church every Sunday just to look like a "good Christian boy/girl" you're at Church for all the wrong reasons.

     Lke Tony says, FItness isn't just about the numbers on the scale. That is another reason I think people fail at their fitness goals is that they set unreasonable goals for themselves within a short period of time and when they don't reach that goal within the time frame, they just give up and say this isn't for me. Or another reason they fail is that "it's just too hard" and quit. When I went through Fire School, the excercises and drills we were required to do everyday were just down right difficult, and somedays seemed impossible. But if I had just quit school, I would not have the greatest job in the world. I wouldn't have been able to experience the things that I have been a part of like helping to deliver a baby, helping to get remove people from mangled vehicles and having the family say a simple "Thank You". I know that to some of you this may not seem like a big deal, but I take great pride in the things I have been able to do. I would never have been able to accomplish those things if I would have just quit. So even when our workouts get difficult, we should never quit because we will never know what "coulda' happened" and the results we could have received had we quit half way through the program.

     Just like I am sure you have heard it said many times before P90X or Insanity isn't just a 90 or 60 Day journey, but a lifetime journey.

Here is Tony's definition of the "Zen of Fitness"- Finding reasons why you want to be healthy and fit so you can stay that way forever.

I know there are times where we just don't feel like working out and think "I will never reach the results that I want". I am guilty of that myself. Remember that what all these programs require are DISCIPLINE!!! We will never get the results that we want sitting on a beanbag chair eating cheetos and Bon Bon's. Just remember that "nothing of worth will EVER come easy!!!!"

I started doing P90X back on 8-9-10. I completed 2 rounds of that and just got bored with it. I decided I would take on the challenge of Insanity which is awesome. I would recommend everyone trying it. I would definitely recommend doing at least 1 round of p90x to start with. But whatever program you are doing, "JUST DO IT!!!"

We all have our reasons for getting into fitness whether it be any of the Beachbody Programs or just going for a run. But whatever those programs are always be sure that at the end of the day, you can say that you did the best that you can.

I'll end with the following which are Tony's Law's of Health and Fitness
1) Variety
2) Intensity
3) Consistancy

If you are bored with one excercise , swap it up with another Beachbody program but make sure you are doing something at least 6 days per week. Sometimes it can be hard to squeeze in a workout some days, that just life. If you have a bad day with your diet, that doesn't mean you forget from that point forward. It just means that you will have to work that much hard the next few days to fix the mistake.

Feel free to email me at any time with any questions you may have.
easyrider003@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites